12 Aspects of Social Media Marketing

A great social media marketing campaign takes a highly skilled social media manager. If you are handling your own business’ social media and not seeing results, you may be missing key components in the process. Here is what you need to know:

Social Media platforms are your online community and learning to manage it means finding out what they want and need. Provide information and answers that include great content and they will begin managing it for you by spreading the word through User Generated Content (UGC) from repeat “sharers” who visit often. Don’t be repetitive or too general. Share bits of valuable information that equate with quality efforts and honest gestures.

Build relationships with colleagues and influencers in your industry. These individuals and businesses want genuine value as well. Offer something they can appreciate or use to encourage reciprocation and trust. Credible business relationships help you reach larger audiences, gain more UGC, and develop your social relevance.

Creativity  Follow us image.pixabay

You need the ability to get creative. New ideas have to be constantly flowing. Run a contest, share fun videos, quick tips and tricks, or inspirational quotes and short stories using combinations of text and infographics. Be aware of what your competitors are doing and see how you can do it differently or better.

Use a detailed schedule to organize and maintain the flow of materials. Social media dashboards make it easier to schedule during holidays or special circumstances when thinking ahead is necessary and puts everything on one easily monitored dashboard. If you are successfully marketing, you will need to automate due to an even greater need for content and connections.

Learn about as many new technology platforms as possible in case you find one works better for your business or your customers have gravitated toward it. Be flexible and adapt to your audience. If you are among the first to use a new platform, you will gain the advantage on those who didn’t because you were part of a smaller group of initial choices.

Writing is very important on a business website, blogroll, social media post, or tweet. Headlines are the immediate point of contact and need to pull the reader in swiftly. Online media has to grab attention instantly, hold that appeal, and be skimmed in order to determine value. Short paragraphs, bullet lists, and strategically placed images keep the eyes moving over the material.  Person writing.pixabay

Content typo’s can be more than just embarrassing. Edit all content carefully especially hashtags and acronyms that normally would appear harmless. Watch out for dual inappropriate meanings or slang on top of general misspellings, poor grammar or word choice. Even deleting these heinous mistakes won’t guarantee there isn’t a digital copy out there somewhere. Check and double check before publishing.

When sales opportunities arrive, stay consistent. You gently pulled them to you with a carefully built relationship. Let them explain the problem so you can solve it like a trusted advisor. Consumers will change their tune from casual perusal to asking for help. Search social platforms for conversations regarding problems with products and services that your business is prepared to solve. If you are working with a large volume of data, there are tools to help you search.

Customers are using social media more for customer service issues. Give polite and professional solutions. There are times when rapid decision-making needs to be made in responses to issues or complaints. You must be confident in making decisions within an hour or two. Have empathy. An unsatisfied customer can reach a large audience with a complaint and rapidly cause irreparable damage.

The only way to know exactly how social media campaigns are working is to look at the data, analyze it, and make needed corrections as you go. Monitoring this information is a constant process covering audience demographics, business growth, engagement with customers, and your posting habits. Guesswork causes complications by costing extra time and money for unnecessary mistakes.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and social media marketing have become inseparable. Keep information relevant and accurately described. Understand keyword usage, link SEO scrabble tile image.pixabaybuilding, header tags, meta tags, URLs, ALT tags, image use, minimizing page loading issues, and using webmaster tools. More details for those aspects can be found here: http://sproutsocial.com/insights/seo-tips-for-bloggers/

Find ways to manage your time and avoid distractions. Set time limits for individual activities before moving to the next. Each task including monitoring trends, scheduling posts, creating new content, sharing and engaging, responding to followers or customers, all have the potential to become consuming on their own. If you can’t contain the individual aspects of a social media marketing effort within the timeframes allowed, you will need help.

It is difficult for one person to do all these skills effectively. A social media manager or a properly developed team could reap extensive rewards. Look into contractors with different skills or hire someone to take on areas you can’t handle on your own.

check mark approved button-151676_960_720

Jackson, D., 2016. 13 Must-Have Social Media Skills. http://sproutsocial.com/insights/social-media-skills/?utm_campaign=SproutSocial&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1453219584

, ,

1. #1 by PegQEatherly on December 29, 2016 - 5:59 pm

Hi there, just became mindful of your blog site through Google,
    and located that it’s really informative. I’m planning to watch
    out for it from brussels. I’ll appreciate should you continue this from now
    on. A great deal of people will be taking advantage of your writing.

2. #3 by JarodEDunlow on December 17, 2016 - 1:08 pm

It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you just shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed such as this. Thanks a lot for sharing.

3. #4 by ErichUBohaty on December 16, 2016 - 10:56 pm

Howdy! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!

He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

4. #5 by 188bet.com on August 17, 2016 - 11:39 pm

Hi superb blog! Does running a blog like this require a massive
    amount work? I have absolutely no expertise in coding but I had
    been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, should you have any ideas or tips
    for new blog owners please share. I know this is off
    topic nevertheless I just had to ask. Many thanks!

• #6 by Jessica Headrick on August 19, 2016 - 9:25 am

I use a WordPress.com free website platform. I’ve added my own content and maintain it. There is no coding involved as themes are templates you can choose from. If you upgrade to a paid website, you have more options for themes, colors, fonts and widgets. It takes some time to set it up, but no technical knowledge at all. My advice is to read about WordPress and options for hosting and custom URLs. It can be a fun project. The expertise you focus on as a blogger is your content. Make it relevant, add images, add contact forms, pay attention to your titles (they should contain you keyword for your topic), keep posts to a page or less and include any links to other affiliates or information to be helpful. Thanks for reading!

5. #7 by zlatovo.net on May 12, 2016 - 8:28 am

It’s really very difficult in this active life to listen news on Television, therefore
    I just use world wide web for that purpose, and obtain the most up-to-date information.

6. #8 by Cabinet stomatologic on May 8, 2016 - 9:00 am

I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.

7. #9 by Dave Wiersma on April 7, 2016 - 9:01 am

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

• #10 by jessicalee771 on April 8, 2016 - 2:17 pm

I’ve had one other person say they had issues loading the page, but not specifically images. I will look into it:)

8. #11 by m88.com on April 6, 2016 - 12:46 pm

Having read this I thought it was rather informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and energy
    to put this article together. I once again find myself spending way too much time both
    reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

• #12 by jessicalee771 on April 8, 2016 - 2:19 pm

Thank you for reading my blog article and letting me know you like it!

9. #13 by m88 on March 30, 2016 - 8:58 am

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about
    a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.

I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into
    it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

• #14 by jessicalee771 on April 8, 2016 - 2:09 pm

After consulting with a web designer friend of mine, he had this to say in reply to your question:
      The only reason you should move from a simple platform like WordPress is if you have a very specific need or if you want to niche down your clientele BECAUSE of the platform you use. If you are a writer/blogger then WP is the way to go. Remember, make decisions for your audience, not your developer.
      I hope this helps with your decision:)

10. #15 by M88 on March 17, 2016 - 8:41 pm

Hey there great website! Does running a blog like this require a
    great deal of work? I’ve virtually no expertise in coding but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway,
    should you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I know this is off topic however I just needed to ask. Kudos!

• #16 by jessicalee771 on March 20, 2016 - 12:31 pm

Thank you! I don’t feel running the site is too much work, but it needs to be consistent and on a topic that motivates you to share. This is a free wordpress.com site and took some time to put together as I discovered widgets, tools and settings that worked best for me. I have no expertise in coding either. There are no outside plugins used on this site, just what came standard and available. My tip would be to take the time to investigate, learn, and find all this platform offers. Read the wordpress.com blog and take one of their online blogging courses. They are not difficult and very enlightening.

11. #17 by instagram followers yola on March 13, 2016 - 5:50 pm

It’s actually a great and useful piece of info.
    I am happy that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.